This page outlines the latest information regarding how COVID-19 government restrictions affect your cruise with us, what precautions we are taking to ensure crew and guest safety, and the changes to our standard terms and conditions.
For risk-free booking terms click here.
What are we doing to protect our guests and staff from infection?
To limit the spread of infection we have implemented a number of changes, including but not limited to:
- All staff have completed Australian Government Department of Health Infection Control Training: COVID-19.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and public health authority.
- Frequently touched surfaces including counters, handrails, doors, till, phones, keyboards and EFTPOS facilities are regularly cleaned.
- Crew are not to touch passenger boarding pass, they are checked by sight only and ticked off on the ships manifest.
- Should passengers require boarding assistance crew are to use appropriate PPE.
- Customers are requested to not touch merchandise items they are interested in purchasing.
- Physical distancing – floor has markings to keep workers and customers at least 1.5m apart from each other.
- Seating appropriately arranged for physical distancing and allowing for same household group sections.
- Payments are only accepted via tap and go.
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser is provided at all work stations and on entry to the vessel (out of reach of children).
- Cleaning and disinfecting is done in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and Health authorities.
- Frequently touched surfaces including counters, handrails, doors, till, phones, keyboards and EFTPOS facilities have all been identified for regular cleaning.
- Soap and water for hand washing and paper towel or air dryer for hand drying is available in bathrooms, behind the counter with instructional signs on hand washing.
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser is also available in all areas including bathrooms, and signs are displayed on appropriate use.
I feel unwell or am unable to travel due to restrictions
If you feel unwell or are unable to travel to the tour due to government restrictions please contact us as soon as possible. We have waived cancellation fees for the time being and will reschedule or refund your booking.
Amendments to Terms & Conditions
The following terms overrule any existing related terms in our standard booking policy terms available here.
Cancellations - we are waiving all cancellation or rescheduling fees. If you are unable to attend your booked tour due to travel restrictions or illness please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule, organise an open dated gift voucher or receive a full refund.
Lawful instruction - by booking a tour with us you agree to comply with reasonable and lawful directions of the master and crew during the duration of the tour. In the interests of public and crew safety, and inline with government social distancing guidelines, the master or crew may lawfully direct you where to stand or sit on the vessel.
Refusal of entry - the interests of public and crew safety, we reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone who displays the symptoms of being unwell or who refuses to follow the instructions of the master and crew.
The term "COVID Safe' means we have, to the best of our ability and inline with government recommendations, prepared the venue to be as infection free as possible. It remains the responsibility of individuals to limit the spread of infection through social distancing and good hygiene practice. With this in mind please follow these steps when visiting our venue.
Please do NOT attend our venue if:
- You feel at all unwell or present with any symptoms of any illness.
- You have travelled overseas within the past 14 days.
- Been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or who displaying symptoms of the virus.
- Been directed to self-isolate or are awaiting COVID-19 test results.
When attending our venue please do:
- Wash your hands regularly with soapy water or hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly your mouth, nose or eyes.
- Practice social distancing, maintain a minimum of 1.5 meter distance between yourself and others.
- Avoid physical greetings such as hand shakes or hugs.
- If you do need to cough or sneeze, do so into your bent elbow or a tissue (which you should dispose of immediately).